I totally fail at cliché when it comes to meeting men. I’ve never met a man at a bar. Never been introduced by mutual friends (will one of you please meet someone perfect for me already?). That said, if you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I’ve met (and blogged about) plenty of dudes.
I know I have, this blog is written proof!
After a bad date (2 actually, I’ll tell you about the other one soon), too many lack luster OKCupid messages to count, and weather that forces me to wear a puffy jacket that obstructs any hint that I have boobs….I need the reminder.
So I compiled a list of places I’ve met men. I came up with 20.
See, Mary Lane? You’re good at meeting guys! Okay, fine, I guess I am. And you know what? There’s gotta be ONE dude in this city of 8 MILLION who will laugh at my jokes, think I’m adorable, and won’t be a bohemian man-child.
I have absolutely no clue where I’ll meet him, but maybe it’ll be place #21. Hm…seems like that should be a bar…anyone want to be my wing person?
Here’s my list, in no particular order. For most of them, you can click to get the full story.
- A bench in Central Park
- The after party of Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical
- Trader Joe’s
- Elementary School
- Walking up 9th Avenue in Hell’s Kitchen
- Walking down Lexington Avenue in midtown
- The sidewalk of Times Square whilst promoting a Broadway show
- Again on the sidewalk of Times Square
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Strawberry Fields in Central Park
- On stage
- Back stage
- Company Christmas party
- A New Year’s Eve party
- My best friend’s boyfriend’s surprise 30th birthday party
- A Soul Rebels concert in Brooklyn
- A friend’s show at a super hipster venue in Williamsburg
- The subway
What’s the most interesting place you ever met someone? Have you ever met someone on the street (it’s not as weird as it sounds!)