thankful I write
- To have a creative outlet, one that I have absolute, unchallenged authority over, AND I can easily share it with thousands of people? Where else does one get that at age 27 (and for FREE)?
- Blogging affords me to entertain while
being kinda smellyin a ratty t-shirt, no make-up, and bed-head. I can make you smile while exerting next to no physical effort. For an actor this is jaw-droppingly awesome.
3. Every time something awful happens, and I’ve had my fair share of such times, I take comfort in the fact I can blog about it. When I feel helpless I find power in entertaining you. If I can help someone feel that they’re not alone, it makes it all worth it.
- It has improved my writing exponentially. It’s so evident and actually cool to see: Here’s how I wrote about my first NYC break-up in Fall ’08 “My Life As a Chick Lit Blurb“. This was the first post where I took pride in the writing. Here’s how I wrote about my most recent break-up in Fall ’13 “‘It’s Not You, It’s Me’: A Deluge of Breakup Clichés“. Speaks for itself.
thankful I read
- Inspiration from other NYC bloggers, for instance:
p style=”text-align:left;”>6. It’s inspired/forced me to use Twitter, which I’m just starting to enjoy and I know is a very useful tool. Big thank yous to
@FrankMCardillo, @catching_zee, @emmylanepotter, @sowensphoto, @KristieLee06, @TollyW for making tweeting fun rather than a chore. (Follow them and you’ll see what I’m talking about!)
Thankful you read
7. Shortly after every post I publish, I receive a text. My best buddy Tyson gives me immediate feedback on everything I write and I adore this. Occasionally an acquaintance tells me they my blog, a sense of pride and warm fuzzy feeling accompanies each confession.
Then of course there are those of you who comment right here! Despite the fact that I’m not so great at commenting back! Often your comments make my day:
9. Then I can’t forget those of you who I know are out there but never reveal yourselves. Thank you for the sense of mystery you provide. You know I love drama, suspense, and I’m just happy you’re out there. Hey, I’m vaguely anonymous too, so I can’t blame you for choosing to be so too!
I’m really close to reaching the 2,000 followers mark and that utterly blows my mind. I am thankful to have almost 2,000 people on my side. To have 2,000 people give a shit what I have to say. To have 2,000 people even know I exist! Thank you so much to each and every one of you!
Most importantly, I’m thankful you read this!
Let me know why you’re thankful for blogging! This Thanksgiving week I plan to share some more things I’m grateful for.