Starving artist. Broke. Living more or less paycheck to paycheck. These all describe my current way of life. Extremely budgeted, I’m very conscious about everything I spend money one. Currently, I’m not worrying about someday having kids or saving to buy buying a house. Right now, I’d just like to be a little more comfortable.
I believe these are all very much attainable in the near future.
1. Buy fresh flowers once a week. They make me happy and instantly transform a space.
2. Order orange juice and coffee with brunch instead of “I’m good with water, thanks.”
3. Embrace my love of macarons, not think about how one can buy a whole box of cookies for the cost of one of these sweet little morsels.
4. See plays that aren’t just on http://studentrush.org
5. Have the ability to say “Next rounds on me”.
6. Have all my underwear be cute, not too embarrassing if caught with my pants down, underwear.
7. To just take a cab after 3AM, not deal with waiting 20 minutes for the subway or worry about getting mugged.
8. Shop according to what I want, not what’s on sale. Buy a pair of red polka-dotted sandals because they will make me smile all day, even if I just wear them three times a year.
9. Spa day. I’ve never had one.
10. Annnd one big one: Go backpacking around Europe. It is such a cliché, I have to do it. And I have to do it in my 20′s- only 4 years and one month left (my birthday’s in July)!