16 Things NOT To Do When Attending a Wedding as a Plus One!
1. Over pack
- Keep it to one carry-on if at all possible.
2. Wait until you’re on the plane to reveal your fear of flying
3. Dress inappropriately
- Unless you’re Serena Williams and you’re crashing a beach wedding.
4. Be clingy
- “No! Please! Don’t leave me alone for one second!!!”
5. Live tweet
6. Gossip about bridal party fashion choices
- If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all!
7. Wax poetically about your dream wedding
- Keep that shit between you, your bffs, & Pinterest.
8. Flirt with groomsmen
9. Rigidly adhere to an obnoxiously restrictive, voluntary diet
10. Tequila shots
- I don’t care that it’s an open bar, you know this is a bad idea.
11. Get wasted/trashed/hammered/sloppy drunk/blotto/shit-faced/maggot
12. Give a toast
- The bride and groom didn’t invite you, your date did. They sure as hell didn’t invite you to give a toast.
- “How come no one is marrying me? What’s the matter with me?”
- Not in front of parents, grandparents, children, or the bride’s dress!
15. Catch the bouquet
16. Hand out business cards to your blog when people ask, “How did you and your date meet?”
There you have it! My wedding plus one etiquette, straight from my experience at a wedding where I knew NO ONE but my date! I survived, thrived really, it was a blast!